Beginning today, there are certain preparations that you take to enjoy an organized and stress-free holiday season tomorrow.
This simple holiday guideline will allow you to have all the knowledge required to stay organized & stress-free throughout the holiday season, ensuring a memorable Thanksgiving for you and your family.
A week or two before Thanksgiving:
- Once you know how many people will be joining your festivities, type up a complete list of grocery items you will need, including beverages, vegetables, spices, desserts and baking goods.
- Search through kitchen cabinets and check off any items you already have.
- Create one cabinet shelf dedicated to all items needed to prepare the holiday meal.
- With shopping list and coupons in hand, check your store flyers for specials and purchase all remaining items need to prepare your meal. Be sure to cross these items off your list as you purchase them. Avoid crowds by shopping in the morning or evenings.
- Purchase a few holiday coloring books, crayons or toys to keep children entertained on Thanksgiving Day.
- Prepare, label and freeze as many side dishes, breads, desserts and extra meals for overnight guests ahead of time. Place them on a designated shelf in your freezer.
- Mark Your Calendars!November 15th is "Clean out your Fridge Day". De-clutter and clean your fridge to allow room for defrosting your turkey. Once the turkey goes in the oven you will have a complete shelf ready for leftovers.
- Plan out your table settings and decorations. Be sure you have an ample supply of chairs, dishes, glasses, pots, pans and utensils. If not, ask to borrow from family and friends.
A Few Days Before Thanksgiving:
- Allow frozen turkeys 3-4 days to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Wash and iron all special linens.
- Prepare holiday wardrobes for you and your family.
- Don't clean the entire house; just concentrate on the rooms that your guests will gather in. Thanksgiving Day, keep all other doors closed and the whole house will appear neat and tidy.
- Set the Dining Table and cover it with a table cloth to keep it clean.
- Hang your Thanksgiving outfits for you and your children on a door hook.
- Defrost & reheat the frozen meals you prepared in advance. Your guests will think you toiled all day in the kitchen.
- Most importantly, enjoy and give thanks to the many blessings in your life.
Are you ready for the upcoming holidays? Follow me on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/organizinggenie where I will be sharing my favorite techniques and strategies to simplify your holidays and help you create the organized and stress-free holiday of your dreams.